Unlimited access to TIME.com is included in all print subscriptions.
We encourage all print subscribers to link their print and digital accounts; this allows you uninterrupted access to TIME.com. Otherwise, you will receive messages asking you to subscribe to continue reading. For more information, read the announcement from TIME CEO & Editor in Chief, Edward Felsenthal.
Here’s how to link your accounts:
- Go here to create your account if you have not done so already.
- To link your print subscription, you’ll need your account number. You can find your account number on the mailing label of your magazine. It is the 10 digits directly above your name following #TIM. You can also look up your account number in Manage Account using your mailing address. For recent subscribers, your print subscription number is also included in your confirmation email sent immediately after you subscribe.
- You can create an account two ways: Sign in via your Google or Facebook account or with your email address and a new password.If using your email address, it is preferred that you create your account using the same email address associated with your print subscription.
If you are having trouble linking your print subscription, please review the instructions below based on the problem you are encountering:
- I have a subscription but am unable to link it: Check to make sure your account number is correct and that your subscription is active before you link it. If you are still having issues, contact customer care here.
- I linked my print subscription but it no longer appears to be linked: If your subscription has expired, it will no longer be linked to your digital account. You can renew your print subscription here. Once you have an active subscription, you can link it to your digital account to access your benefits.
If you are located outside of the US/Canada, please visit our Global Help Centre for assistance.